NIKON D80, NIKON 12-24 @24mm, ISO 100, f/4 3Exposures
Bösendorfer, one of the oldest piano manufacturers, was established in 1828 by Ignaz Bösendorfer. From the outset, it has had a history of producing highly respected instruments; in 1830, it was granted the status of official piano maker to the Emperor of Austria. Ignaz's son Ludwig Bösendorfer (April 15, 1835 – May 9, 1919) took over in 1859, operating from new premises from 1860. Between 1872 and its closure in 1913, the associated Bösendorfer-Saal was one of the premier concert halls of Vienna. In 1909, the company was sold to Carl Hutterstrasser, who was succeeded by his sons Alexander and Wolfgang in 1931. In 1966 Bösendorfer was taken over by the Jasper Corporation (later renamed Kimball International), parent company of Kimball Pianos, where it remained before returning to Austrian hands when it was purchased by BAWAG PSK Gruppe in 2002. BAWAG signed an agreement to sell all stock in Bösendorfer to Yamaha on December 20, 2007. Yamaha subsequently explained on the Bosendofer website that they bought the company to find out how to make a quality instrument.
This one is at the Hotel Humboldt Lobby